Entries open for Mumbai Press Clubs REDINK AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN JOURNALISM – 2019
The Mumbai Press Club invites entries for the prestigious National RedInk Awards for Excellence in Journalism–2019. In the 9th year now, the RedInk Awards have been instituted to promote best practices among journalists and encourage good quality writing, fair play and high ethical standards.
Over the years, along with the growing interest in the awards and the number of entries, the categories of awards have also grown. For instance, the category of ‘Women’s Empowerment’ was added last year. This year, a fresh category: ‘Coverage of the Arts – both Fine Arts and Performing Arts’ is being added as an additional category for recognizing excellence in journalism.
Entries must be submitted by March 31, 2019
Entries in the form of articles or stories published in the print or digital medium and television stories broadcast during calendar year 2018 [Category 1-11] and photographs that had an impact [Category 12] published in the print or digital medium in 2018, are invited in the following categories of journalism:
- Business & Economy
- Health & Wellness
- Human Rights
- Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Science & Innovation
- Women’s Empowerment & Gender Equality
- The Arts*
- The Big Picture (Photograph of the year)
Mumbai Press Club will also honour outstanding journalists in the following categories:
- ‘The Journalist of the Year’ Award will be for a body of work (in any of the streams– print, digital or TV) in calendar year 2018 that created a lasting impact.
- “Mumbai Star Reporter” Outstanding reporter working within Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) in any streams– print, digital or TV in calendar year 2018 whose story created a lasting impact.
- Lifetime Achievement Award’ is for a senior journalist who has contributed substantially, in the period of his/her career, to the growth and strengthening of the profession.
The awards selection for category 1-12 will be made by a special jury. For category 13-15, the Managing Committee of the Mumbai Press Club will select the award winners.
The winning entries in each category will be awarded a total cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh, a trophy and a citation.
* ‘The Arts’ – This newly-introduced category includes journalistic coverage of two broad areas of the Arts – 1. Fine Arts or Visual Arts that are to do with creative forms such as painting, sculpture, drawing, water colours, graphics and architecture; and 2. Performing Arts that involve skills of public performance such as acting, singing or dancing. The prize money in this category will be split equally between the winners of the two streams.
The broad guidelines for the contest are:
- A copy of the published Article (print or digital) or broadcast story needs to be sent along with the entry form.
- Individual entries must be accompanied by an entry form that can be downloaded from www.mumbaipressclub.com giving details of the journalist and accompanied by a recent photograph.
- Entries should have been published / broadcast in Calendar Year 2018.
- The various award categories should be studied carefully, and applications marked specifically for the category they fit into.
- An applicant is allowed a maximum of 3 entries across all categories.
- Entries will need to be authenticated (supported/recommended) by the Editors/Media Heads of respective media platforms.
- It will be helpful for judges if entries not in English, Hindi and Marathi are accompanied by an English translation.
- Entries must have been published in registered print publications like newspapers or magazines or web-based publications / television networks; Writings on blogs however are not eligible for entry.
- Entries of published articles must be accompanied with a scanned copy (print medium) or print out (digital medium).
- Entries in the various television categories must be sent with a story link. Television entries must carry a brief text on the story and its impact.
- Entries must be mailed not later than March 31, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject ‘Category Name’ for example: Sports – Print or Sports - Television.
- Entries can also be sent via post and should have ‘RedInk Awards-2019’ followed by the category name mentioned in bold and addressed to: The Secretary, Mumbai Press Club, Glass House, Azad Maidan, MahapalikaMarg, Mumbai–400001.
- A distinguished panel of judges, appointed by the Mumbai Press Club for each of the categories, will decide the winners.
- The decisions made by the Judges and the Mumbai Press Club will be final.
- In the case of a multi-bylined article/bylined broadcast story winning an Award, all the authors/ contributors will share the prize money.
- Winners who are not residents of Mumbai will be provided travel to and fro and accommodation for the Awards Ceremony.
- No claim shall be entertained in case the winner fails to collect the prize at the award ceremony.
- Please read the terms & conditions before entering the contest.
The Mumbai Press Club urges Editors/Media Heads to share this Awards information with their teams. Editors and Media Heads are also requested to nominate outstanding stories/articles for consideration under each category.
We thank you for your time and interest and look forward to your continued participation with the RedInk Awards.
Mumbai Press Club
RedInk Awards - 2019: Terms and Conditions
Mumbai Press Club (MPC) will not be responsible for incomplete, illegible, unviewable, lost and late entries, all of which will be disqualified. MPC reserves the right to disqualify entries by persons determined by MPC to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. MPC further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party intellectual property or other rights, or that MPC deems to be, in its sole discretion, obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
By entering the Contest, each contestant agrees that MPC and its licensees may publish his or her story or photograph or video in the related content of RedInk Awards and exhibit, copy, publish, make derivative works from or otherwise use his or her entry and other entry materials for any purpose, in any media, in perpetuity, without limitation or additional compensation.
By entering the Contest, you agree to MPC’s and its licensees' use of your name, likeness and biographical information in any media for non-commercial purpose without limitation or further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering the Contest, you further agree to release and indemnify the MPC against any liability, claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with your participation in the contest. MPC, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate this contest if it determines in its sole discretion that tampering, fraud or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of MPC has corrupted, compromised or impaired the security, integrity, fairness or proper operation of the contest.
The Mumbai Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the RedInk Awards 2019.
Mumbai Press Club
Article posted on 04/02/2019
- Share This Story On: